Sunday, June 15, 2008

Insomnia....Coffee Anyone?


Jet lag usually hits me halfway through the day when traveling to Europe. My antidote is to find a nice cafe and drink the largest size cup they offer. Walking or any exercise helps, and staying up until at least 9 p.m. before sleeping will usually reset my circadian rhythm. It was an appealing thought to try and find a cafe other than Starbucks, something local, and it would be doubly good since walking was the best way to find one. As it turns out, Insomnia has many locations in Dublin so finding one was relatively simple.
Not being a great fan of burnt tasting French or Italian roasted coffees, I was happy to find their coffee, rich, but mellow. The feathered milk froth was a visual treat and drinking the large cup took a bit of time and gave me a needed break from walking. These are modern shops with style, that have a good looking selection of pastries too.

No comments: