Friday, September 12, 2008

Le Vaudois


As much as I'd like to recommend this restaurant, I cannot as the menu did not appeal to me even though it had a wide range of offerings. The service was slow, but perhaps that was because we were sitting on the patio on a rainy day. Why would we sit there in that type of weather? Was it because the restaurant was full and we showed up without a reservation? No, we decided to sit outside because the dining room had a very unpleasant odor that must have been a strong cheese aroma. With so much melted cheese in the cuisine, this was the strongest possibility. When we inquired at our hotel about restaurants with classic Swiss cuisine, this was the first of two restaurants mentioned. Very disappointing.

We had planned on dining out later that evening, so salad seemed like a fine light lunch. I selected the baked cheese salad and it was very satisfying. As I go through my travel journal, I'll post the type of cheese. It was fried with a nice crumb coating and it melted beautifully. The greenery under the cheese was palatable, but not flavorful.


My companion once again ordered a Cesar salad. Can't you tell by the photo? I think all of Europe is calling mixed salads a Cesar these days and you never know what you're going to get. Someone should do a photo essay on the Cesar Salads of Europe...maybe it should be me.
Place de la Riponne
Lausanne Switzerland 1005
phone: 021 331 2222
fax: 021 331 2223




No comments: